Thursday, April 5, 2012

Retirement, Day 2-3 (April 3-4, 2012)

I have been procrastinating about cleaning up a couple of items and holding off until after retirement... well that day came and now Elaine wants me to actually start working on the clean-up. Since we moved here in 2006 I have been storing about 4 large boxes of books at the office and have accumulated another 3 over the past 6 years. These boxes are now in the middle of the library (or were until the last few days).

Tuesday and Wednesday I started going through the computer room bookcase and tossing stuff that I really have no use for. At the same time I started unpacking some of the boxes and doing the same thing with them. Lucky for me, there is a bookstore in town that takes books and trades them for credit. 2 boxes are ready to go to the trader, 1 box to the dump, and 1 box made its way into the shredder.

Still to go


Doesn't look like 3 boxes, but there was some padding


 Doing this involved a vicious circle... 
stuff had to go before stuff could be unpacked


Today was mostly kicking back and watching some TV and enjoying life.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment