Monday, April 2, 2012

Retirement, Day 1 (April 2nd, 2012)

Last Friday I retired after 45 years of being gainfully (most of the time) employed.

For the last 6+ years I worked for the greatest company and with some of the smartest folks in the world.

Today was my first Monday doing retired stuff.


Drove to SF for Coffee


 Visited the Levi Museum


Stopped off at Where 2012 for a Google Fix


Bumped into some Googlers


Went to the Top of the Mark for food and a VIEW


A bit too much fun


Sunset and the Golden Gate Bridge


TransAmerica Pyramid (day)


TransAmerica Pyramid (night)

End of Retirement Day 1

2 comments:

  1. Am not going to make the inevitable comment re Dusty ;) but am so glad you're having fun - thanks for pulling the plug on the GEC on your way out though - we were down for a couple of hours LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You drove to SF to go to Grumpy's? Are you trying to tell us something? If your retirement is anything like my "forced - can't find work" retirement I had for a few years, you will love it. I was more busy not working than I was working. Started two companies, taught myself iPhone programming and wrote apps, worked on a non-profit board (board chair and led every committee at one time), lots of books, some travel around the world....

    Yea, it is not as bad as you think.

    OK, I know I am VERY late here, but I JUST learned about this.

    ReplyDelete